In Nokia Lumia 610 and Lumia 610C there is an extremely useful hidden feature that most of the users don’t even know about. It is called On-Device Diagnostic Tool or ODDT App for short. This tool let’s you test and diagnose everything there is to test in your mobile phone. Like if you are having sound issues you can use this app to check whether it is your phone’s software problem or the hardware is causing it.
In other words it let’s you completely test out your Nokia Lumia 610C and Lumia 610 parts including all the sensors, speakers, mic, camera and vibration. It can be very useful to people who want to buy a second hand phone. You can just start the ODDT app and test everything before paying.
To install On-Device Diagnostic Tool application type ##634# on your phone’s on-screen keypad. A new app named Diagnostics will appear in your apps list.
Warning! Always remember to uninstall the ODDT app from your phone once you are finished testing your phone. To uninstall the application tap and hold Diagnostics in the apps list and then tap uninstall.
Now as soon as you tap on Diagnostics app in your Nokia Lumia 610 and Lumia 610C you will see a Disclaimer screen. This basically states that this app is designed to troubleshoot some potential issues with your mobile phone. The content and the results of this app are not necessarily 100% correct and there might be some false positives or errors in the results and you should not rely on these tests completely. Then it will ask you to Accept those terms. So if you agree to those conditions tap Accept and start the app to simply press the left arrow Back Key to close the app and uninstall it by Tap and Holding on Diagnostics app then tapping on uninstall.
If you chose to accept the terms of the disclaimer screen you will see the screen on which you can choose the tests you want to run on your mobile phone. If you want to run all the tests like you are out to buy a second hand Lumia 610 or Lumia 610C you can tap on “Run All Tests” and you phone will start the tests one by one.
Here is a list of the tests you can run with ODDT app your Nokia Lumia 610 and Nokia Lumia 610C.
- ALS – Read current ALS value
- Audio loopback – Validate different audio output devices
- Camera – Verify image capture
- DTMF – Test DTMF tone generation
- Hardware Buttons – Test all the user interface hardware buttons
- Headset detection – Validate headset connectivity
- Lights – Validate if the LCD back light is working or not
- Magnetometer – Read current Magnetometer values
- Power Source – Check on which power source the phone is running, Battery or External
- Proximity – Shows the status of the Proximity sensor
- Speaker – Validate basic integrity of speaker
- Touch – Validate basic integrity of touch screen by allowing you to draw something on the screen
- Vibration – Validate basic integrity of the vibration motor
If you have further questions please don’t hesitate to leave a comment.
Note: Every repairing solution posted here is tested by at least one member of our team. Use the information available here at Your Own Risk. We are not responsible if any harm comes to your device during the repairing process.